Can I varnish over painted furniture surface?Posted by Michelle on Apr 6, 2012 in Distressed Furniture | 2 comments
I have some lovely painted antique furniture and I just learned that they might contain lead paint. With a baby coming I want to apply varnish on top of the painted surface. Is it possible? any preparation needed? I can’t sand it because it will cause lead dust. Any varnish product to recommend? What do u think about the Olympic varnish products? Thank you.
Incoming search terms:
- can you varnish over chalk paint
- can you use annie sloan wax over latex paint
- chalk paint over latex paint
- can you use annie sloan wax on latex paint
- can clear varnish be put over chalk paint
- can u put laquer over chalk paint?
- how to varnish on chalk paint
- will chalk paint work on top of spar varnish