How to get “beach cottage” look with black bedroom furniture?Posted by Michelle on Jan 12, 2012 in distressed blue furniture | 7 comments
My husband and I are looking to buy new bedroom furniture and I really want black with a 4 poster bed (not laminate black, but maybe distressed?) and really want to make the room look “beachy.” I was even thinking of an iron bed and then black dressers, night tables, etc. Is this even possible? We are painting the room a very pale blue and adding white beadboard around the lower walls. I was thinking of a white matelasse comforter, but just don’t know if the black furniture will work? I’m afraid that white furniture will limit us too much in the future though. Any ideas would be great!
Incoming search terms:
- blue distressed furniture
- pictures distressed painted bed
- painting blue and white cottage look
- beach color paint wit dark furniture
- how to paint dresser to make it look cottage like
- how to paint grey blue beach look
- how to paint wood furniture with distressed ocean theme colors
- if my bed is made of black iron what color should be my dresser?
- paint my bed black
- How to paint bed black