If my wood trim is dark, what color pergo flooring/furniture should I get?Posted by Michelle on Jan 12, 2012 in distressed white dining room furniture | 3 comments
I’m thinking about buying a house that has beautiful dark wood original trim around the windows and floor in the living room and dining room. Right now, both of those rooms are carpeted with a lightish tan color. I want to rip out the carpet in the dining room (these two rooms are next to each other) and install pergo laminate because I have dogs. I’ll keep the carpet that’s in the living room.
I was thinking I would go with all dark wood furniture, a dark leather couch that has a “distressed” look, and Indian Tigerwood Laminate Pergo Flooring.
Some visual examples to help:
Dining room furniture: http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/ASF/J_1192566_SA?$lg$
And this isn’t the room, but this trim is EXACTLY the same as my house: http://pa-lvar.photos.mlsfinder.com/photos/3/2/7/1/1/1/327111-10.jpg
Would all of this look good together? I think what’s throwing me off is the dark wood trim. Everywhere I’ve looked the trim was white and seemed to be easier to decorate with.
Incoming search terms:
- are dark wood floors a mistake
- dark trim and laminate flooring
- how to be creative with dark wood trim
- painting wood trim baseboards with annie sloan chalk paint
- pictures of rooms with dark trim and lighter floors
- shabby chic with wood trim
- what color laminate floor looks good with dark trim
- which is best dark trim with lighter floor? or dark thim with darker floor