Rustic Fall Centerpiece – Great Thanksgiving Centerpiece IdeaPosted by Michelle on Oct 3, 2011 in Featured, Home Decorating, Portfolio | 0 comments
I have this great rustic halltree in my entryway that really needed to be decorated for Fall. I had just chalk painted some foam pumpkins and had some colorful Fall leaves…but something was missing. I needed to add height and some other textures to my rustic Fall centerpiece. So I did! My mom gave me this idea (she was a florist for nearly 20 years). This is how I made my rustic Fall candle centerpiece…
First – The Materials:
- Glass Vase
- Fall Pillar Candle
- Burlap (with a nice frayed edge)
- Twine or Colored Cord (You could also use dark brown twine)
- Dried Botanicals (Flowers, branches, curly willow, leaves…)
- Acorns (I collected these off my deck, then glued the little acorn tops back on)
- Tacky Craft Glue, for the acorn tops
This is a very simple to make Fall centerpiece idea. Fist, wrap the candle in the burlap.
Then, tie the burlap with twine, cord or raffia, depending on the look you want.
Now it is acorn craft time. Glue those tops back onto your acorns, then place them and some raffia into the bottom of your vase.
Now, add the candle to the vase, followed by some tall leaves and sprigs in the back of the candle.
Then place it amidst your fall pumpkins, gourds and colorful leaves!
You can also see the whole process in our video here:
And there you have it! Do you have a fall centerpiece idea to share? Did you try this one? Please comment below or contact us, we may feature your project!
Incoming search terms:
- rustic fall centerpieces
- shabby chic centerpiece ideas
- ideas for rustic thanksgiving centerpieces
- painted acorn centerpeice
- tall vase fall centerpieces for thanksgiving