So I’m moving into the room next to me. (Big change) and I need some help with some of the changes I am adding.
1) I’m putting fur (fabric) on my wall. One side if fur, the other side is fabric not all fur. How do I put it up without wrecking the paint. I can’t use a staple gun, glue, etc…. I’ve heard of liquid starch….
2) I have a burgandy, light maroon coloured carpet, and well it doesn’t go with anything. I can’t pull up the carpet because the whole house has it. It will clash with the purple coloured fur I have, but I’m deffinately having the fur. Any ideas… a rug or something? If a rug, what colour. Any other ideas would be good too.
3) Im putting up closet curtains. What colour should I get…. I was thinking sheers or string curtains, maybe a combination.
Any themes or colours would be so greatly appreciated. My new room is currently whitey cream and a light maroon colour. I like really ‘shabby chic’ stuff like chandeleirs, door curtains and really bohemic style stuff. So any colour combinations or ideas would be amazing!
First off, the carpet cannot be changed. Secondly, right now the walls are stark white and I’m not feeling it. Third, when I say mauve pink let me remind you it is not baby girl pink, nor is it barbie hot pink. Fourth, my room is real small. (I’d give measurements but I’m not there right now. But trust me, it’s small.) It is also square-not rectangular or odd shaped. The ceiling is flat.
I also have three sets of curtains I can choose from. (The room only has one window.) I can put up solid mauve pink with cream white lace accent w/ matching valance; a sheer white lace curtain with floral design; or a sheer material with an all over rose design that looks like watercolors in various shades of pink.
As you can tell, I’m a feminine decorator. I am 19 years old. I like vintage things. I love roses! I love the whole vintage shabby chic look, french boudoir, victorian, or chic beach cottage look.
Feel free to add other suggestions!!!!! I love decorating!
Incoming search terms:
- colors that go with mauve carpet
- curtain colors that goes with rose pink painted wall
- mauve carpet what color walls
- pictiures of rooms with mauve carpet paint color for walls
specks in it, the walls are white, and I have two peice of furniture that are also white (bed and mini bookcase). This room is for my toddler. I want it to look old/antique-ish but with some glamour.. any ideas? Also, it’s a small room so I need some ideas for furniture placement and storage that’s stylish and cheap! Would love a decorator for some great ideas! Also, I would love to incorporate some gold in the room if possible, for glam! It’s for my toddler she’s 3.
It’s for my 3 year old daughter, I want to add cute antiques to it, too. Just confused on what to do with the colors. Thanks! She has white furniture already..
Posted by Michelle on Sep 23, 2011 in Home Decorating | 2 comments
OK, so maybe some of you have heard of this already…the wonders of cleaning with “all natural” white vinegar…but, until a week ago – this was news to me!
(If you have other vinegar cleaning ideas you use that I don’t mention here, please add them with a comment at the bottom.) I never let my 3 year old daughter help clean with any of the cleaning liquids, but, I thought, “this one she could help me with!”
Incoming search terms:
- does vinegar smell go away
- does the smell of vinegar go away
- cleaning with vinegar without the smell
- how long for vinegar smell to go away
- how long does it take for vinegar smell to go away
- vinegar smell go away after dry
- ideas for chalk paint on bottles
- how long does it take vinegar smell to go away
- how long does it take for the vinegar smell to go away
- how long does it take for the smell of vinegar to go away