I’m getting ready to re-do several pieces of furniture to a shabby chic look. I have a few questions…
1) do the peices need to be white or can they be done in pastel pinks, greens, or blues?
2) Does it matter what color the base coat is underneath? I mean I know it should be dark. But, does it matter if it is a brown or a blue or a red? Should all pieces be done with the same base coat?
3) Should peices be done in a gloss finish or flat?
4) where can I find wood embellishments? I have tried home depot and lowes but they don’t seem to have any? Would michaels or hobby lobby?
5) What can I do to integrate my Big Screen tv into this look? I really need some ideas here
6) What colors should the walls be? I was thinking of a light taupe or beige with white moulding and trim?
7) should I distress the trim in the room or keep it looking new and polished?
Any other tips, websites, ideas would be great appreciated! BTW, I guess this would be a vintage rose shabby chic look…I have tons of rose things that I have collelcted over the years. That is why I decided to go with shabby chic look.
search-2011.com – BEST ONLINE CASINO. 5000$ FREE
I’m thinking of re-doing my room.
So far i’ve been buying picture of New York City that are black and white. Where originally i was going to do my room black,white,silver with a hint of red. I’d have 4 walls white and then a main backwall where it was papered in a pattened wallpaper with a grey scale carpet.
But now i’ve been browsing i’ve eyed up some Shabby Chic Furniture, the kind i have always wanted. Do you think that shabby chic will go with the black and white style? Or do you think i should re-think the colour scheme???
I just really wanted to have my New York pictures up lol.
target is not in hawaii…and most places online do not ship to hawaii. any sites or stores that will?
I want to paint some old mahogany furniture that belonged to my mother in the shabby chic style. Im quite hesitant as i dont want to completly ruin the furniture as i cant afford to replace it!
I was wondering if anyone could give me any hints or tips on achieving this type of finish or point me in the direction of some useful websites. Also if you could tell me what materials (brush types etc) you used and most importantly what shade of paint you picked!
how to hand painted shabby chic furniture.wmv
Alyshas Shabby Chic Furniture has opened up her first boutique in Sun City Ca. This is a huge leap for Alysha Miller and we want to invite you to visit us when your in the area. You will love what you find!! Romantic Home Treasures 26908 Cherry Hills Blvd Sun City Ca 92586